The Bentley S2 and S3 are a series of luxury cars produced by Bentley from 1959 to 1966. They were the second and third generation of the Bentley S-Type and replaced the original S1 model.
The S2 and S3 shared many similarities with the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II and III, including a 6.2-liter V8 engine and an automatic transmission. However, the Bentley versions had some differences in styling and interior trim.
One of the most notable features of the S2 and S3 was their sophisticated air suspension system, which provided a smooth and comfortable ride. They also had power-assisted steering, power brakes, and electric windows, all of which were considered luxury features at the time.
The S2 and S3 were available in a variety of body styles, including saloons, coupes, and convertibles. Some of the most popular models included the standard saloon, the long-wheelbase saloon, and the Park Ward drophead coupe.
Overall, the Bentley S2 and S3 were highly regarded for their luxurious and comfortable driving experience, as well as their powerful V8 engines and advanced suspension system. They remain popular among collectors today and are considered some of the most desirable classic Bentleys.
The Bentley S2/S3 is a classic luxury car that was produced by Bentley Motors Limited from 1959 to 1966. Here are some additional points of interest about this car:
- The S2 was introduced in 1959 and was essentially a facelifted version of the Bentley S1. The S3, introduced in 1962, was a more significant update that included a new V8 engine and other improvements.
- Both the S2 and S3 were built on a separate chassis and used a four-speed automatic transmission. They were available as a standard four-door saloon or as a two-door coupé or convertible by coachbuilders.
- The S2 was powered by a 6.2-liter V8 engine that produced 170 horsepower. The S3 had a larger 6.75-liter V8 that produced 200 horsepower.
- The Bentley S2/S3 was known for its comfortable ride and luxurious interior, featuring leather upholstery and wood trim. It was a popular car among the wealthy and was often used as a limousine or executive transport.
- One notable feature of the Bentley S2/S3 was its use of air suspension, which was a new technology at the time. This system used compressed air to provide a smooth and adjustable ride.
- Despite its luxury status, the Bentley S2/S3 was also known for its performance. It was capable of reaching a top speed of around 115 miles per hour and could accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in around 11 seconds.
- Today, the Bentley S2/S3 is highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts. Well-maintained examples can command high prices at auction, with some selling for over $100,000.
The Bentley S2/S3 is a classic luxury car that has a lot of interesting history and information associated with it. Here are a few additional points of interest:
- The S2 and S3 were introduced as the successor to the Bentley S1, and were produced between 1959 and 1966. The S2 was produced until 1962, when it was replaced by the S3, which had some minor cosmetic changes.
- The S2/S3 featured a 6.2-liter V8 engine that produced between 170 and 220 horsepower, depending on the model year. This gave the car a top speed of around 115 mph.
- The S2/S3 was available in a number of different body styles, including a four-door saloon, a two-door coupe, and a two-door convertible. Many of these cars were custom-built to the specifications of the individual buyer.
- One of the most famous owners of a Bentley S2 was John Lennon of the Beatles, who had a custom-built four-door saloon painted in a distinctive shade of green. Lennon’s car was later owned by several other celebrities, including comedian Eric Morecambe and musician Noel Gallagher.
- The Bentley S2/S3 was considered to be one of the finest luxury cars of its time, and was often compared favorably to Rolls-Royce models of the same era. Today, these cars are highly sought after by collectors, and can command high prices at auction.
Some additional information on the Bentley S2/S3:
- The Bentley S2 and S3 were produced by Bentley Motors Limited from 1959 to 1962 and 1962 to 1966 respectively, as the successor to the Bentley S1.
- Both models were powered by a 6.2-liter V8 engine, which provided smooth and powerful performance.
- The S2 and S3 were available in both standard and long-wheelbase versions, with the latter providing increased rear-seat legroom.
- The styling of the S2/S3 was updated from the previous S1 model, with a more modern and streamlined appearance.
- The S2/S3 were popular as luxury touring cars, favored by affluent buyers who appreciated the blend of comfort, performance, and prestige that the cars offered.
- Today, the Bentley S2/S3 remains a highly sought-after classic car, with values reflecting their rarity and desirability.